The Educational Consortium for Volunteerism proudly offers seven online continuing education courses in volunteer management and engagement. These are self-paced courses for the busy volunteer manager. Additionally, they are priced to fit your agency's professional development budget. Take all seven courses for an even deeper discount and pursue the Volunteer Engagement Certificate.
Volunteer Engagement Certificate - All Courses – If you just can’t decide which course to take, why not take them all? If you register for all courses, we will discount the package by $35.00. You’ll get seven online courses for the price of six. That is a total of only $210.00 for all seven courses.
Are you REALLY Ready for Volunteers invites you to:
- consider various factors about the placement of a volunteer program within your organizational hierarchy
- examine various strategic components of a volunteer program
- assess your program’s success
If your organization is considering starting a volunteer program, or is thinking about revitalizing a faltering volunteer program, this course will help you ask the important questions to lay the foundation for a successful volunteer program.
Volunteers: Policy and Procedure Development is a hands-on course that will enable you to complete the first draft of your organization’s volunteer policy and procedure manual and you’ll also compose an effective volunteer job description. Your new agency policy manual will contain your policies on:
- Management responsibilities
- Expectations in the workplace
- Handling volunteer grievances
And much more.
Our Seven Steps for a Successful Volunteer Recruitment Campaign course will help you:
- Understand what needs to be in place before recruitment begins
- Develop a recruitment plan
- Determine how to recruit and how long the potential volunteer will serve
- Identify and overcome barriers to recruitment
- Understand expectations of volunteers
- Examine various places where to recruit volunteers
Volunteer Screening and Placement: Picking Only the Best will equip you with tools and techniques for:
- Screening volunteers effectively
- Identifying volunteers’ skills
- Placing volunteers in jobs where they can make the most significant contributions to your organization
- Giving your volunteers a more rewarding experience
- The importance of creating a system of orienting, training, and evaluating volunteers
- Methods of communicating to volunteers the organization’s mission and their role in it
- How to build volunteers’ continuum of involvement with your organization
- Methods and outcomes of orienting board members
- Considerations for the design and elements of training
- What constitutes effective training and how to develop a plan
- How to develop quality tools to meet predictable challenges
- The value and importance of establishing good relationships with good communication and feedback to your volunteers
- How to define your success
- Specific methods of reporting meaningful evaluation results that demonstrate the effectiveness and value of your programs
- Three differences between staff and volunteer connections to your organization
- Your organization’s climate for volunteers
- Four myths of generational stereotypes
- Solutions to staff’s four most common fears about volunteers
- Successful reactions to six common difficult personality types
- How to foster an environment of trust between staff and volunteers
You’ll also come away with tools for your organization to improve your volunteer-staff relations.
Volunteer Recognition for High Impact addresses the importance of having a meaningful volunteer recognition plan in place. In this course you will:
- Identify four principle motivations for volunteering
- Describe ways to increase the impact of everyday recognition ideas
- Develop a recognition profile for a volunteer in your program
- List program goals that can be met using recognition activities
- Make an action plan for increasing the impact of at least one recognition idea you currently use in your program
Be sure to click our Register Now page or any of the course links to sign up today. To learn more about the course instructors, click on Instructors in the menu to your left.
Feel free to contact Pamela Sybert at 940-565-4417 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the courses or Certificate.